Select a piece of art from any “seasoned” (ie, they’re experienced and know what they’re doing!) artist (living or dead). This selection can be made from the Art Gallery, individual artist, or Art Museum websites, or various publications.
Collect data concerning both a Formal (the Elements and Principles of Design) and a
Contextual Analysis. Cite your 2 to 3 sources on the
second to the last page of your paper.
Writing your paper
Title Page: at the top (right or left), include your name and title of this course. In the middle, state the title of the art piece, media, the year the piece was created, the artist, and artist’s country of origin.
Body: Introduction (first paragraph): state why you chose the piece of art, why you like it, etc. This is your thesis statement and should close your intro paragraph.
Continue with a Denotation of the work (describe what you see). Then proceed to a Formal Analysis that highlights any Formal Elements and Principles of Design, and their inter-relationship, which apply to that particular work. This should comprise at least a half-page. Continue with the Contextual Analysis (any pertinent historical, social, religious, etc. information). And close with a Connotation derived from your research or, if such is not available your own creative interpretation.
Bibliography or Works Cited: list your resources on a separate page.
Include a jpeg image of the artwork on the last separate page
Format: 12 pt, double spaced, Word Doc (ONLY!), 5-7 total pages (1. Title Page, 2. Body (2-4 pages), 3. Works Cited, 4. Jpeg image)
I. The Formal Elements
2. Shape OR Form
3. Value (contrast of Light to Dark)
4. Color (What kind of colour scheme is being used? Monochromatic? Complimentary?)
5. Texture (Is there any physical texture to the work or is it visual?)
6. Space (What kind of perspective is being used? One Point, Two Point Perspective, Atmospheric or Aerial Perspective?)
7. Time and Motion (Does the work have any sense of time passing or tell a narrative? Or, if 3D, is it genetic?)
II. Principles of Design
4. Balance (Symmetrical, Asymmetrical, Radial Balance?)
5. Proportion OR Scale
7. Emphasis (Subordinate focal point?)
III. Content and Subject Matter
1. Subject Matter (What is in the piece?)
2. Content (What is the work about, also related to message and meaning?)
3. Connotation (What is the message or deeper meaning of the piece? Note: Nonobjective art may not have a connotation).
IV. Context Considerations:
1. Geographical (Does the place where the work was made have any significance?)
2. Historical (Reference to history or is there any history to the piece you’re writing on?)
3. Cultural (Is there any cultural references?)
4. Patronage (Did someone support this artist to create the work?) For more information on Art Gallery check on this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art_museum
Plagiarism Free Papers
Thehomeworkwritings.com’s team of writers write all papers from scratch. We deliver 100% original, unique papers. That’s what makes us the best custom homework writing service
We provide unlimited free revisions to all customers and on all papers. Try The Homework Writings today for the best custom homework writing service and experience in the industry.
Thehomeworkwritings.com gives clients title pages free of charge. Your only job is to fill out our order form. We will handle the rest.
As the leading essay writing service, we never submit any paper without a reference/bibliography page. We do this free of charge too.
Originality & Security
At Thehomeworkwritings.com, we take great pride in delivering only high-quality 100% original papers to all our clients. We also never share any of our clients’ information with third parties. Your data is safe with us.
24/7 Customer Support
No other custom homework writing service has a friendly, always available customer support team to respond to clients like us.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We have the best customer support team for your essay writing needs.
You won’t find any other custom homework writing service with pricing as flexible and affordable as ours.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
We provide a direct line of communication with our writers for the best writing experience.
As the leading custom homework writing service, we take deadlines very seriously. You will have your paper submitted on time without any delays.
We truly value your feedback, good or bad, and always use your feedback to help us provide you with an even better custom homework writing service