APA ASSIGNMENT INSTRUCTIONS
Reviewed for Fall D 2020 8.10.2020 RC
The main purpose of this assignment is for you to become familiar with your APA Publication Manual, how to use it, where to find information in it, and what kind of information it contains. Use the information available throughout the entire Publication Manual.
This assignment must have a title page, plus two to three pages of content, and a reference page, and it must be in current APA format throughout.
Part 1 – Create a title page.
Based on the information in your current APA Publication Manual, create a properly-formatted title page in current APA format that contains the following:
1. Title – format the following text in proper current APA format as your title: “lessons learned about writing style.”
Hint: “lessons learned about writing style” as you see here is deliberately not in proper current APA format.
2. Include all the paper elements for an APA student title page.
Part 2 – Create the body of the document.
Write an introduction.
The next 2–3 pages of your document will contain headings (provided by you based on the questions below), with answers (provided by you). Refer to your course materials as needed to create a level one heading, in current APA format, using the following phrase: “APA formatting concepts” written in correct APA formatting.
Hint: The phrase “APA formatting concepts” as you see here is deliberately not in the current APA format. If you would like to see examples of properly formatted levels of headings, refer to your APA Publication Manual. Also, notice how the levels of headings are demonstrated within the sample paper in chapter two of your APA Publication Manual.
Next, you will need to create an appropriate level two heading for each of the questions below. Your level two headings will serve to summarize the question that is being asked. Each level two heading must be relevant, be something you created, brief, and clearly identify each question you are answering. Hint: Do not copy/paste the assignment questions as your headings.
When writing your answers, use complete sentences and proper margins, indentations, spelling, grammar, and punctuation, as required with the current APA format.
1. Where in your APA Publication Manual do you find instructions for the proper formatting for personal communication? For this question, explain what personal communication is, give examples of different types of personal communications. Include details for what you do with the reference and why, and for an in-text citation.
2. What is the purpose for using different levels of headings in a properly formatted document, and how do you know which heading to use? Use your APA Publication Manual to find the answers to this question.
3. In your own words, explain what a DOI is. Why is it important to you as a researcher? (Hint: Be sure to explain this in your own words to show that you understand what you are explaining.) Note: This question has two parts, explaining what it is, and explaining why it is important.
4. Visit the Jerry Falwell Library online. Browse around on pages that will lead you to information about topics that you are studying. Based on what you find on these pages, what kinds of resources can you access through the Jerry Falwell Library? Note: Be thorough; this is not a brief answer.
5. Suppose you need a resource that is not directly available in the Jerry Falwell Library. Explain how you would acquire a source that you need. Identify at least three ways you can find scholarly sources.
6. Refer to your Publication Manual and provide the page numbers where you will find information on how to format each of the following. Provide information and examples for in-text citations as well as the information for each reference. As you write your answers, use a brief level three heading to introduce each new item (no bullet points), and use complete sentences in your answers.
• Religious and classical works.
• Your Introduction to Research textbook.
• An unpublished manuscript such as a graduate student’s thesis at a university.
• The APA Publication Manual itself.
• A scholarly journal article with a DOI.
Remember, organize this section of the assignment with appropriate levels of headings. Do not number the questions. Do not include any bullets. Use complete sentences in your answers.
Part 3 – Create your reference page.
You will create a reference page, using proper headings, page numbers, margins, indentations, etc., for the current APA format for a reference page. Use the APA Publication Manual as your source for the content and formatting. Your reference page will list the properly formatted reference for each of the following:
• Your Introduction to Research textbook.
• The APA Publication Manual.
Save the document using your last name in the file name, as yourlastname_APAmodule3. Save your document as a .doc or .docx file.
This assignment is due by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Monday of Module/Week 3. For more information on APA Publication Manual check on this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/APA_style
Plagiarism Free Papers
Thehomeworkwritings.com’s team of writers write all papers from scratch. We deliver 100% original, unique papers. That’s what makes us the best custom homework writing service
We provide unlimited free revisions to all customers and on all papers. Try The Homework Writings today for the best custom homework writing service and experience in the industry.
Thehomeworkwritings.com gives clients title pages free of charge. Your only job is to fill out our order form. We will handle the rest.
As the leading essay writing service, we never submit any paper without a reference/bibliography page. We do this free of charge too.
Originality & Security
At Thehomeworkwritings.com, we take great pride in delivering only high-quality 100% original papers to all our clients. We also never share any of our clients’ information with third parties. Your data is safe with us.
24/7 Customer Support
No other custom homework writing service has a friendly, always available customer support team to respond to clients like us.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We have the best customer support team for your essay writing needs.
You won’t find any other custom homework writing service with pricing as flexible and affordable as ours.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
We provide a direct line of communication with our writers for the best writing experience.
As the leading custom homework writing service, we take deadlines very seriously. You will have your paper submitted on time without any delays.
We truly value your feedback, good or bad, and always use your feedback to help us provide you with an even better custom homework writing service