This project consists of two (2) tasks. The goal is to explore how to design GUI applications and examine how to create animation via multi-threading. Glance at “What to Submit” when you start working on a task so that you know what information to provide from each task.
What to Submit
1. One doc file “csci531-project-FirstnameLastname.doc” including the text source code and screen snapshots of the output of all programs. Please replace Firstname and Lastname with your first name and last name. You can copy/paste the text source code from Eclipse or other IDEs into the doc file. Hopefully, based on the screen snapshots of the output, you can show that your programs passed tests and were functioning well.
2. Java class files for all programs. In well-defined programs, proper comments are required. For Programs without comments, they will be deducted greatly in grade.
– For task 1, there are 1 java file – Task1aFirstnameLastname.java and 1 txt file named “users.txt”.
– For task 2, there are 3 files including Task2FirstnameLastname.java, Car.java, and CarComponent.java.
3. Note that if any program or code does not work, you can explain the status of the program or code and then attach your explanation and description in a file “README.txt”.
4. Optional. Anything you want to attract the attention of instructor in gradeing.
30 points for three runnable classes.
5 points for appropriate comments
5 points for the screenshots of outputs.
Challenges in This Project
1. For bonus points, you are welcome to explore the design of each task. Note: You still have to finish all tasks required by this project.
2. You can also install the plugin Window Builder on Eclipse to facilitate the project development.
3. For car animation, you should have two threads simultaneously and update the position of cars.
4. You can consider connecting to a database for achieving and maintaining user information in a more professional manner.