Application Paper #2 Guidelines:
The purpose of this assignment is to promote an understanding of knowledge of advanced nursing that comes from the use of an explicit grand nursing theory. Apply a grand nursing theory to your story of a nursing situation. It is recommended that you continue to work with the nursing storey you shared at the beginning of the course, although it is acceptable to develop the story of a different nursing situation for use in this assignment.
1. Select a g from the list of nursing grand theories in the table of contents from your Smith text.
2. Study the chapter on that particular theory in the Smith text. You will need to delve into the theory and really develop a deep understanding of the theory, as well as its strengths and weaknesses. The superficial reading will not allow you to complete the paper adequately.
3. Search the literature for other primary and secondary source material, with an emphasis on primary sources. Reading in-depth and broadly will help you to better understand the theory.
4. Using the concepts and conceptual relationships that make up the theory, re-interpret your nursing story in the language of the theory you have chosen; that is, find all the dominant themes of the theory within the nursing situation you have described.
5. Re-write your nursing story in the language of the theory, accurately using the concepts and their interrelationships and the language of the theory in a two-page narrative.
a. Introduce the work by naming the theory you will apply to your nursing situation and stating your purpose for the paper
b. In the body of the paper, analyze your nursing story, explicitly using the distinctive language of the theory to answer these four questions:
i. What is the UNIQUE FOCUS of nursing – what is nursing about, what is the unique nursing “take” on health care situations, as expressed in this theory of nursing?
ii. What do nurses DO when they are nursing – what are the activities of nursing, from the perspective of this theory?
iii. Why do nurses do what they do – what is the PURPOSE of nursing, from the perspective of this theory?
iv. What is CREATED in and through nursing – what is the product of nursing, from the perspective of this theory?
c. Conclude your analysis with a sentence or two that describes insights gained into the nursing situation through the experience of viewing it through the lens of a grand nursing theory.
6. Review general and specific assignment guidelines and refine your paper as needed.
7. Submit your paper electronically as requested by your faculty member, on or before the deadline.
Application Paper #2 Grading Rubric.
Evaluation Criteria/Grading Rubric.
Element Quality Assessment Score.
The focus of paper appropriate to the assignment (4 pts. Possible) Outstanding
Appropriate sources from literature used to support paper (4 pts. Possible) Outstanding
The content reflects the depth of understanding of the selected topic (8 pts. Possible) Outstanding
APA style used in all aspects of the paper (except where specific guidelines indicate another format) (4 pts. Possible) Outstanding
Smith, p. 292
Smith, Chapter 17 (pp. 293-308)
Smith, Chapter 18 (pp. 311-332)
Smith, Chapter 19 (pp. 333-348)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZbrs5iOGaQ&feature=youtu.be. For more information on Nursing Theory check on this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nursing_theory
Plagiarism Free Papers
Thehomeworkwritings.com’s team of writers write all papers from scratch. We deliver 100% original, unique papers. That’s what makes us the best custom homework writing service
We provide unlimited free revisions to all customers and on all papers. Try The Homework Writings today for the best custom homework writing service and experience in the industry.
Thehomeworkwritings.com gives clients title pages free of charge. Your only job is to fill out our order form. We will handle the rest.
As the leading essay writing service, we never submit any paper without a reference/bibliography page. We do this free of charge too.
Originality & Security
At Thehomeworkwritings.com, we take great pride in delivering only high-quality 100% original papers to all our clients. We also never share any of our clients’ information with third parties. Your data is safe with us.
24/7 Customer Support
No other custom homework writing service has a friendly, always available customer support team to respond to clients like us.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We have the best customer support team for your essay writing needs.
You won’t find any other custom homework writing service with pricing as flexible and affordable as ours.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
We provide a direct line of communication with our writers for the best writing experience.
As the leading custom homework writing service, we take deadlines very seriously. You will have your paper submitted on time without any delays.
We truly value your feedback, good or bad, and always use your feedback to help us provide you with an even better custom homework writing service