The book is Organization Theory and Public Management by Jonathan R. Tompkins. The chapter needed to answer these questions is attached.
SHORT ANSWER QUESTIONS
Topic A Government as a “Business”
1. Identify three (3) basic differences between private and public management practices, and consequently the political influence(s) of the actions of public managers.
2. What actions provide the private sector manager greater flexibility to meet organizational goals and objectives than the public manager?
3. Describe the goals and objectives of the National Performance Review that was initiated by the Clinton administration and what document sparked the movement in the 1990’s.
Topic B. Accountability
1. In you view, consider the factors that make it difficult to hold public managers accountable for the performance of the agency that they are responsible.
2 Why are public goals (policies) often difficult to implement?
3. Is the following statement credible? A psychology of failure occurs when
managers lower their expectations, abandon any sense of vision and ridicule those who retain ambitious goals.
Topic C. Generic Management Models
1. Tompkins lists thirteen (13) elements of a general management model under Exhibit 2.1 that limit the applicability of generic or business management models to government agencies. Select and comment on two (2) of the elements that you think most limit a government agency’s attainment of the management effectiveness of a private organization.
2. Explain other elements that than those that you might have chosen that might have also had an impact of your primary selections.
3. Identify characteristics of public organizations that differ from themselves and point out the major difference.
Plagiarism Free Papers
Thehomeworkwritings.com’s team of writers write all papers from scratch. We deliver 100% original, unique papers. That’s what makes us the best custom homework writing service
We provide unlimited free revisions to all customers and on all papers. Try The Homework Writings today for the best custom homework writing service and experience in the industry.
Thehomeworkwritings.com gives clients title pages free of charge. Your only job is to fill out our order form. We will handle the rest.
As the leading essay writing service, we never submit any paper without a reference/bibliography page. We do this free of charge too.
Originality & Security
At Thehomeworkwritings.com, we take great pride in delivering only high-quality 100% original papers to all our clients. We also never share any of our clients’ information with third parties. Your data is safe with us.
24/7 Customer Support
No other custom homework writing service has a friendly, always available customer support team to respond to clients like us.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We have the best customer support team for your essay writing needs.
You won’t find any other custom homework writing service with pricing as flexible and affordable as ours.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
We provide a direct line of communication with our writers for the best writing experience.
As the leading custom homework writing service, we take deadlines very seriously. You will have your paper submitted on time without any delays.
We truly value your feedback, good or bad, and always use your feedback to help us provide you with an even better custom homework writing service