1) a) Initially, how do skeletal muscles (the type of muscle attached to bones) make ATP?
b) write the reaction for this procss (Crp +ADP => Cr + ATP) as a ‘coupled’ reaction, identifying the exergonic and endergonic reactions.
c) what would this type of ATP production be called?
2. what problems arise with the functioning of fast-twitch fibres?
3. why are aerobic exercise called fat burners?
4. hypothesis as to the ratio of slow-twitch to fast-twitch fibres in vince carter’s skeletal muscles
5. in what other ways does ‘training’ improve an athlete’s ability to produce ATP?
6. In terms of ATP production, how does heart muscle differ from skeletal muscle?
7. what type of cellular respiration is performed by fast-twitch fibre and why? what activity/exercise is suited for this muscle fibre.
8.what type of cellular respiration is performed by slow-twitch fibre and why? what activity/exercise is suited for this muscle fibre.